In at attempt to be healthier, spend less and use some of the time I have now that I am no longer working... I am making bread!
I used to make bread growing up, with 4 brothers I made 7 loaves twice a week. However, I no longer have my mom's amazing mixer. But my biceps will grow much faster this way. :)
My mother-in-law gave me 10 gallons of wheat, so yesterday I made 7 loaves of banana bread and TONS of whole wheat pancake mix, enough to last through 20-25 breakfasts for the two of us. (50 cups of mix!). My wheat grinder hasn't seen this much use in years.
This morning (or rather, all day today) I have been making buttermilk wheat bread. The first 4 loaves just came out of the oven and they look amazing. I made 7 loaves. And I am hoping to get another batch of bread in tomorrow before Drew gets home! If you are in the area, you can stop by for some warm homemade cinnamon-raisin bread. :)
2 comments:
Oh man, I would have LOVED to help you! My mom gave me an AWESOME apron for Christmas and I would have donned it with glee to help you bake.
While I was reading your post, for some reason, all I could think of was "who will help me make this flour into bread?" from the little red hen.
I guess my role would be
"who will help me eat this bread?"
"I will!"
Post a Comment