1.21.2008

The Absent Minded Baker

Oh how true it is that you are more forgetful and absent minded when pregnant!

Plan A - Saturday, while Drew was away, I decided to make bread. So I read the recipe for Potato bread, called my mother-in-law to clarify a few things and was just about to start dumping when I realized I didn't have buttermilk, which it called for.

Plan B - flipped over to the oatmeal bread recipe... buttermilk free! So I cooked the oatmeal and was just about to start going when I realized it said to let the oatmeal cool for "several hours to overnight." Ack. There goes that plan.

Plan C - start in on Raisin bread. I actually managed to follow through on this one! I even made a cinnamon and sugar swirl on the inside. Go me! I also saved the oatmeal and made 4 loaves yesterday afternoon, so now we have 4 loaves of each... yummm!!

No comments: