If you hate these kinds of things please feel free to skip this post (although I promise not to give too much info), but for the few that have asked... here you go. :)
----
On Tuesday the 22nd, I had a doctor's appointment at 2pm. (Remember, this was the day my car died while merging onto a 6 lane road... gotta love it). The doctor said I was 4cm and 100% effaced and that she was on call until 7am... and she would love to deliver the baby. :) (I wanted her too, because I really like my doctor and I didn't like the one who was on call the next day :). Thankfully we stopped on the way home to get the hospital bag out of my car which was still being fixed. At 5pm I started feeling contractions (I had had about 5 hours of false labor that morning from 1-6am). At 10pm or so they started getting intense and had been coming about 5 minutes apart for an hour. Call me silly, but I wanted to wait until midnight to go to the hospital because they bill from midnight to midnight, so I didn't want to pay for an extra day when I was only there at 11pm! So at midnight we called my doctor and she met us at the hospital at about 1am. I was 6cm at that point. So for the next 5ish hours Andrew and I walked the halls and toward the end the rocking chair became my best friend. :) I don't know when I started pushing, but not much before 6am, because after 2 pushes my water finally broke and then push 3 Benjamin made his appearance at 6:08am on the 23rd. Although I wouldn't call it fun, it was an amazing experience, and with Andrew's help I was able to make it all the way through without any medication. We are so glad he is finally here! We are so blessed and amazed by our little miracle.
L
7 comments:
Way to go!! I'm so glad you had such a smooth delivery and he is beautiful (handsome?) :-) Congratulations again! (BTW, the trip was fun but there was one pretty rough night in the hotel so it wasn't all peaches and cream.) ;-)
Thanks so much for sharing, Leah. I was anxious to hear if you had gone through labor unmedicated and how it went for you. I'm glad to hear it was manageable. Feel free to drop me a line if you have any time (which, I imagine you may not :-) )and let me know how the rest of motherhood has been for you. Of course I'm eager for details with my own new journey just 9 weeks away or less. M has been getting a kick out of seeing the sweet pictures of Drew with the baby. :-)
You go girl! :) Some of your story sounds a little familiar. I am so glad your delivery was fast and you were able to do it as you wished - unmedicated. He's a cutie! Isn't it amazing how wonderul and yet strange life can be post birth -- being a little family. :)
Yay for you! Little Ben is a cutie-pie. Keep up your positive outlook on these first weeks... they will fly by and Ben will grow so fast!
~Kerin B
Your birth story is just the last bit of evidence that you should have a big family. :) I know it didn't feel easy, but from my perspective, you had it made it in the shade. And I think it is cool that you got little details like only one billing period and your own doctor! -rlr
Leah,
Congratulations on little Benjamin's birth! What a cutie! I love hearing birth stories so I enjoyed reading yours. I am so impressed that you did all unmedicated too. Nice job! Hope you get some sleep soon!
Whoah whoah wait a second. I know I am reading this waaay late. But wasn't the doctor on call the next day my doctor?? And didn't you say she reminded you of ME?! Should I be offended?? =) hehe.
Post a Comment