1.23.2008

Announcing the Arrival of:

BENJAMIN ASHER

Of Benjamin he said,
"May the beloved of the LORD dwell in security by Him,
Who shields him all the day,
And he dwells between His shoulders."
-Deut 33:12

All these were descendants of Asher—
heads of families, choice men,
brave warriors and outstanding leaders.
-1 Chronicles 7:40

Arrival Date: January 23, 2008 (the day before Daddy's birthday)
Arrival Time: 6:08am
Weight: 6 lbs 9 0z
Length: 19.5 in
Looks: Lots of dark brown hair, and a thin layer of fur on my back, shoulders, arms and legs :) Got mama's nose and chin and daddy's eyes and desire to eat.


Pictures to come, I promise.

16 comments:

Lorraine said...

Congratulations! How wonderful and what a beautiful name! May God completely surround your time together like a family honeymoon! We love you!
Lorraine, Steve & Tian

jules said...

Oh, wow, congratulations, Drew and Leah! So thankful he arrived safe and sound :) Can't wait to see pictures...

J said...

You are a true and proper blogger - you blogged just 15 hours after Benjamin arrived! :^)

Congratulations! It sounds like he's absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Grandma and grandpa both showed us a picture of the little man last night...so sweet! Congratulations! I still tear up thinking about those first days, weeks, and even months with my firstborn. It's amazing.

josh said...

Congratulations, Drew and Leah!!! Welcome, Benjamin! We can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Get ready for the fun part! :)
~jenna

AMY said...

micah showed me a picture on his phone, he is tiny and so much hair! God bless you both.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Did you and I ever discuss names like this when we were younger? Somehow, I expected Benjamin...

Anonymous said...

What great scripture, too -- it's a great foundation.

M. Hunsberger said...

Awesome! congrats you guys! Can't wait to see family photos :-)

Whitney said...

Oh congrats! He's beautiful!

Elisa said...

Congratulations!! I really love the name you picked. I hope you are both doing well and that you are able to get some rest :-)

Missy said...

Okay, so I took pictures of Ben (as you know) and today I showed them to everyone at work...most of these people do not even know you. It was crazy! I am so stinking excited for you both and he is a DOLL!! Everyone said "awww." Anyways, GREAT scripture verses to go with a GREAT name! Love you!!!

Mat said...

congrats leah and andrew!

Rachel said...

Congratulations!!!!!! how was i not surprised at Benjamin....i read it and then was like...oh that's the name they picked...i half expected it all along, but i don't know why...anyway it sounds a little like jamison...(sp?) heehee...sorry i couldn't resist the tease!!! we miss you and love you!! i am SO SO happy for you!~ Enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I have been without internet for a couple weeks so I am a little late. :-)

Terri