1.28.2008

All You Can Do Is Laugh

From the Tales of First-time Parents

-----

9pm – Ben pooped, overflowed his diaper – Changed clothes - Outfit #2

10pm – Ben woke up crying, and he was all wet. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, until I changed his diaper. In my lack-of-sleep-induced stupor I had not changed his diaper properly before and had left his thingy pointed up. :) So, he had peed and soaked himself from head to toe… his diaper was totally dry though. :-P Outfit #3

3am – Andrew wakes up quickly when a fire hose hits him while trying to change Ben’s diaper. Outfit #4

7am – Feeding Ben and feel an explosion “down there.” He had exploded out the sides and up the back. When just about done cleaning… and the fire hose starts again, this time hitting the changing pad cover, the changing table and the wall (not to mention me). :) Outfit #5

We are considering changing his name to Whizzer. :)

All that to say: So far life has been good. I am so thankful Andrew had a few days off, and we can just take life as it comes… Read: 2 hour eating increments. He has also been sleeping pretty well at night, he will sleep 2 - 2 ½ hours a time, eat and then do it again. He also had his first doctor’s appointment today and he completely checked out, he is eating, sleeping, pooping and peeing with the best of them.

10 comments:

M. Hunsberger said...

LOL... I can hardly wait :)

Chad, Joanna and Emmie said...

We were so happy to hear Benjamin had arrived safely!! =o)

May I suggest: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2574752

We got one for Jenna to use with Carter. =o)

Rachel said...

hilarious leah! so glad he's getting so much good stuff from you! so sorry he's giving it right back to you!
:)

Rachelle said...

Big smiles.... You reminded me of how many diapers and clothes you go through that first month.

So glad he's a healthy guy! -rlr

Anonymous said...

I just laughed out loud. Stinking hilarious...no pun intended. I love that little "stinker"...oh man...I am crackin myself up...okay I will stop.

Melanie said...

Yep, I remember when my nephew peed on his own face. My sister-in-law says they now have cups just the right size and shape to guard them when you change them. Missing you....which room is his nursery?

josh said...

Love it!! :) The joys of baby boys!

-Christy

Anonymous said...

LOL, actually, it does get better. Carter isn't doing that much anymore, as long as diaper changes last less than 10 seconds. Before, we had to be fast, like 2 seconds. he he.
~jenna

Anonymous said...

ROTFL. Love it. You definitely have a boy there. Can't wait to see him in real life!!!!

Jessica said...

I am so glad I have a girl... lol. ;-) Nah... girls can still have some pretty powerful blow-outs.

At least he hasn't shot into his mouth yet, as one of my brothers did... *shudder*