5.30.2006

Zetterholm Weekend Adventures


Well, our weekend was full of activities, but also very relaxing, if that is possible. Here are a few of our weekend happenings:
  • Tourist Baseball Game - we watched our favorite baseball team beat the socks off of the other team, we even managed to get a couple baseballs. :)
  • Saw V for Vendetta at the Asheville Pizza & Brewing Co. a.k.a. the Brew & View (a hole in the wall pizza restaurant/movie theatre where movies are only $2!!)
  • Drove up the Blue Ridge Parkway to Mt. Mitchell, the highest point east of the Mississippi, a whopping 6684 feet! (My parents house is at 5500, and it only goes up from there, just goes to show you the different between the blue ridge and the rocky mountains :). The picture above was taken from the top.
  • Quickly left Mt. Mitchell before being eaten by 10 bazillion gnats.
  • Stopped halfway home to shake the bugs out of my hair - looked like a freak to all who were watching.
  • Grilled hotdogs and chicken at Drew's parent's house.
  • Watched Return To Me... sigh, I love that movie.
  • Organized my pantry, anybody need 12 cans of chicken broth? How about garbonzo beans?
  • Almost finished reading John Adams by David McCullough. If you haven't read it, you really should. But be prepared to sit for a while. :)
  • Slept in until 9 o'clock in the morning!
  • Washed Sheets.
  • Helped my brother make amazing hamburgers with fried onions and horseradish sauce... and red potato wedges.... yummy!!! (Jen, I would rather eat my calories than drink them).
  • Stayed out of the 90 degree/100% humidity weather.

L

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Meredith said...

It all sounds like so much fun. I wish I could have been there with you guys.

I had a really great weekend hanging out with my family. We decided that we need to take this trip every year just so we can all get together.

Soon we need to talk about when would be the best time for me to come out there to visit. I've got a far watcher on for a cheap flight and as it looks right now they're only going down in price, so I'll buy it as soon as we talk.

Have a great week!!!!

Anonymous said...

I snort-laughed when I read the chicken broth and garbanzo beans comment...I think I have six or so boxes of granola in the pantry at the moment....I came home from the store one day and told seth I was going on a granola diet.

Sarah said...

sounds like fun! i love Return To Me. we'll have to watch it the next time you're in town. girls night out!

Janice Phillips said...

Gorgeous view! Man oh man, never thought I'd actually miss that view! The beach was totally blown out with gale force winds on Friday and Saturday so I'm sorry to report that we stayed out of the 70 degree 0% humidity windy weather and saw X-Men 3 instead.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Remembering a year ago from this weekend. Miss you guys... wish we could be down there visiting again...

Anonymous said...

Sigh. We all need your life :-)