5.10.2006

Hurry Up & Wait

Well, I realize I haven't posted in almost a week... GASP! For some reason our life has been particuarly busy of late, although I am not sure why... I really don't have any particular accomplishment that I can point to. Our life can be characterized by a series of hurry-up & wait sitiations (can't everyone's?). Here are a few from the last few days:

Friday: HURRY-UP and leave work, run home and pack so we can leave for Charlotte and WAIT 2 hours for Andrew to get home because he is caught in stopped traffic because of 3 separate accidents within 300 feet of each other.

Saturday: HURRY-UP and get to the airport and WAIT for Ryan to get off the plane.

Saturday Night: HURRY-UP and get downtown to find a parking spot and WAIT for an hour for a table at a restuarant.

Monday: HURRY-UP and pay for the concrete and WAIT while it drys, so they can begin framing.

Tuesday: HURRY-UP and get wood out to the site and WAIT while it rains for them to continue framing.

So, there you have a nutshell view of our weekend. More later... and here are a few pictures from our Saturday night hurry-up & wait session. :)




1 comment:

Meredith said...

I completely understand! Saturday we left the house early and Ryan was really stressed that he was going to miss his plane and that he wouldn;t get there in time to check in. Well.... he was there in plenty of time and then he just had to wait around forever for his flight to leave. Hurry-up and waiting is the worst thing in the world! I'm glad that you guys are having fun with Ryan. it' sounds like he's going to like his job and I know that he's really glad to be out there with you guys. Can't wait to come out myself.
Have a great week.