5.18.2006

Slowly But Surely...

Well, I realize you are probably tired of seeing pictures of wood, but if it is exciting to even one, it is worth it. (And I know it is, because my mom reads it :-P). So... hopefully the rest of you will not die of bordom. Here are pictures taken on Tuesday:


So, you can see them working on the garage, and then there is the window for the dining room, and then the front door and on the far right is the living room window.

In the one below, I am standing with my back almost to the back wall looking left into the family room, the fireplace is in the middle of the room, with the window facing the back, the stairs are on the right.


And here is the picture from the same spot looking right, there is a hallway that leads to a study/bedroom. The laundry/mud room is to the left and a bathroom to the right, and all of it is behind the garage.


And finally, looking forward. You can see a little of the living room on the far left, the front door straight ahead (behind the scaffolding) and the dining room at the front of the house on the right, and then the gatorade bottle is sitting in the middle of the kitchen. :)


And finally, I didn't take a picture of it, but it I were to turn around I would be falling 2 stories (or, as my brother puts it "a 3 second spit distance") out of the opening for the french doors onto the non-existant deck.

I hope you enjoyed the little 1st floor tour of our house, check back (Lord willing) early next week for the second floor tour.

L

3 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

You should write your names on the studs and special verses on the walls of the rooms...I did that in the dorms at PHC (hahaha)...nice wood.

Meredith said...

It looks like things are coming along and very quickly at that. Ryan said that they started working on the 2nd floor this week. I cant wait to see it!!!!
Thanks for taking care of Ryan while he's there. Someone has to do it and since it can't be me right now I'm glad he's with you guys.
Hope you have a great rest of the week. It's over halfway done!!!!

Sarah said...

the house is looking great! i know how it feels to want the whole thing finished, but tough it out! you can make it!