When Ben was little we decided that we weren't going to make a big deal out of him falling and getting bumps and bruises. We tell him we are sorry, hug him, kiss it if need be and then try and distract him. For the most part it has worked, he has learned to just "dust it off" etc. and most of the time he just gets up and goes on. Well, I have found a fatal flaw in my plan. In my distractions apparently they have centered around food because this of often the scene:
Ben: Bump! WAA!
Me: Ben, are you ok? Just dust it off!
Ben: Sniff, sniff. Mommy, need pretzels to make me feel happy!!!! Sniff.
Me: You are just fine! Keep playing Ben!
Ben: Sniff. No Mommy, need strawberries to make me feel happy!! Sniff.
The food changes almost every time, but it is always food of some kind. Augh. Poor warped child... and I did it, I have created this need-food-to-make-me-feel-better monster! :)
2 comments:
well, he is smart isn't he. and very very cute. can't wait to see more pictures of that sweet baby girl.
Haha. I love everything he says! :) Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment