4.21.2010

Random Story

So a few days ago I was at Sam's Club wasting time on a rainy day (where else can your child run?) As I was waiting in line, I heard the woman in front of me lecturing the cashier on the effects of carbonation on your body. I found it amusing but didn't think much of it.

As Ben and I were waiting for our pretzel, the same woman turned to me and asked:

Crazy Lady: So, when are you due?
Me: (taken a little back, since I have actually never been asked this question by a complete stranger before) Um, 2 weeks.
CL: Do you sing?
Me: Excuse me? (What? Did she really ask me if I sing?)
CL: Do you sing?
Me: Yes, I do.
CL: GREAT! Did you know that when you are pregnant a hormone is released that improves your singing voice after the baby is born? So the more you sing now, the better your voice will be after you sing.

So there you have it folks. Sing while you are pregnant because it improves your voice... straight from the mouth of a random 60-something-earthy-hippie woman at Sam's Club!

And Anthony, if you read this, just think of what a great asset all these women are that sang in choir while pregnant. Who would have thought that the puffy, breathless pregnant women are GOOD for the choir? :-P

4 comments:

micah said...

sounds like doughnut woman

Jessica said...

HAHA!! That's great. :-) Too bad I had to quit singing on the church music team after Sierra was born!

Julie said...

great story. I hope it is true.

We are praying for your house to sell!

The Sooz said...

Haha! I love it. I'll have to hear you sing when I get back. Can't wait to see your baby girl, too. Summer is so close.