In an attempt to make my part-time job less than 45 hours a week, I have been taking every Wednesday off. ( It is a lot harder to get sucked into working longer when you aren't at the office. :) Yesterday was my third Wednesday, and each one is better and better.
I love having a day off in the middle of the week, it is nice to do errands on days when the rest of the world is working. And I love my husband A LOT, but he is so very distracting that I don't get much done when he is around.
My first Wednesday I puttered around the house, worked out at the gym and answered email, but last week I did over 20 errands and spend some time with a sick (as in morning-sickness) friend and even had time to be home and make dinner. And yesterday I woke up with more than my usual allotment of energy so I attacked the house with everything I had. I finished listing to The Great Gatsby on CD while thoroughly cleaning the kitchen and even mopping (I figured that when I stuck to the floor it was probably time to break out the mop). I stripped the beds, did 5 loads of laundry and took out the trash (although I had my manly-helper's assistance on this one). I went to the gym (in the SNOW, which took supernatural power), the grocery store, the dry cleaners and even baked bread for a friend before choir. :)
And the best part is, when I get back to work there are only 2 more days until the weekend!
L
P.S. This post was sponsored by the GREATEST MOST AMAZING husband in the world, because without his hard work and selfless attitude I would not be able to work part-time and have my weekend in the middle of a week.
P.S. This post was sponsored by the GREATEST MOST AMAZING husband in the world, because without his hard work and selfless attitude I would not be able to work part-time and have my weekend in the middle of a week.
P.P. S In case you were wondering, sanity is spelled
W - E - D - N - E - S - D - A - Y
1 comment:
I have a 4/10 schedule at my new job and it rocks.
Post a Comment