On Day 1179...
This weekend A & I left the cares of the world (meaning cell phones and internet connections) behind, and enjoyed a weekend together (staying at a Hilton didn't hurt anything either...). We attended a Weekend to Remember Conference about 2 hours away in Charlotte, NC. It was an amazing time of reflection, relaxation and meaning conversation. We ate at an Indian Restaurant and the Cheesecake Factory... in addition to a couple trips to Starbucks. :) And listened to about 4+ hours of Anna Karenina in CD... only 34 hours left (no, I am not exaggerating).
Someone once said that the only things you really believe are those you act on, not just what you think. This weekend was a perfect time to be reminded of all those things I "know" but don't make a conscience effort to put into practice. I just pray that I can keep it going once we re-enter real life. :)
L
1 comment:
Maybe you could share some of what you heard at the weekend as a pick-me-up for the rest of us...who doesn't need those reminders every now and then?!
Post a Comment