On Day 692...
Ok... so I am a bit dramatic... my day probably wasn't horrible... but it did have a wonderful end. At about 3:30 today round-trip tickets from Salt Lake City to Dulles Airport dropped to $125!!! (I will not discuss the fact that I paid almost three times that amount for my tickets home for Thanksgiving... but moving on...). To make a long story short, my brother Micah is coming out to see me for almost 3 weeks!!!! He is coming December 14th and leaving January 5th! (He is also going to visit friends in NH for a few day of that time).
So, for those of you familiar with D.C. please let me know some places that are a MUST-SEE for a 17-year-old who just started college, joined the ROTC, wants to join the military, loves cooking, and is double majoring in Poli Sci & History.
L
3 comments:
Has the Pentagon started public tours again yet? You might check. I did it nearly 4 years ago when I was out for the Inauguration but then they stopped after Sept. 11. Of course, The Museum of American History is a must. Arlington Cemetary? It will be nippy. And, oh, and this is the BEST, try to get tickets now for Mt. Vernon by Candlelight. They only do it at Christmas and not only is it gorgeous all decorated but you get to see the 3rd floor which is normally closed off.
Capitol Building, Library of Congress, the various history museums, all the monuments...Mt. Vernon by candlelight sounds BEAUTIFUL.
I'm a personal big fan of the Holocaust Museum, and I have a friend who is dying to go to the Native American Museum that just opened.
That sounds like it will be a fantastic vacation for your brother - and for you! Have fun!
-Tanya
http://www.beanbagcentral.com/tanya
Yup! We will be there the night of the 22nd through the 26th.
L
Post a Comment