On Day 676…
Over the past few days we have been staying up progressively later (and becoming progressively crankier) but all for good reasons. So instead of taking a much-needed nap… I will blog instead...brilliant, I know.
Last night we went to a friend’s house to watch the election returns. We had a great time with friends and we kept hoping that FOX would call Nevada for Bush or CNN would call Ohio. No such luck… we waited until about 2 and then gave up and headed for home. It was a good thing we did go home because everyone waited until after both Bush and Kerry have give their speeches today to finally call Bush the winner. Go figure.
On Monday night, I went to the grand opening of a Steakhouse/Sports Bar near our house. One of the few perks for working for elected officials is the huge number of free things. So we had a great dinner, watching the Jets/Dolphins game on one of the 24 HUGE screens around the room and only had pay for drinks and the tip! An $100 dinner for $20 isn’t bad in my book. But again, another very late night.
Sunday evening we had our newly-engaged-still-very-twitterpated friends Dave & Jennifer over for pizza and a movie in order to avoid trick-or-treaters (I contemplated putting a sign on the door that said “no candy, only potatoes… knock if you wish” but decided against it.) We ended up watching The Lady Killers with Tom Hanks. I haven’t decided whether or not I would recommend it, but I am leaning toward the latter option.
Saturday, I gathered up a group of friends and we went to the corn maze, since I had never been. We had a great time, but we were in desperate need of a directionless individual for a guide. As it turned out, even when we tried to get lost we failed and finished the maze in record time. We ended up coming back to our house for an intense game of monopoly.
All that to say, we have had a great time, but I am REALLY looking forward to going to bed early.
L
1 comment:
Congratulations to Dave & Jennifer! Two of my favorite people falling in love is pretty cool.-RLR
Post a Comment