On Day 677…
We are expecting a new addition to our family. Hopefully he will be here between Saturday and Monday. We are very excited and after much debate we have finally decided on a name: Honda Accord Zetterholm.
Andrew and I have been functioning with one car for almost a year now. Andrew’s car (affectionately referred to by most as the ghetto chariot) is still with us in body, but not in spirit. Although, it has been holding down our parking spot in anticipation of the time when we bring little Honda home.
Our other vehicle, our faithful Ford Ranger, is nearing 260,000 (259,997) miles and is becoming increasingly whiny, particularly when taking Drew up and down the beltway.
Last Saturday, as I was working, Andrew and David Blasdell (our Crown class leader, financial guru, and I-can-find-something-wrong-with-any-car-and-don’t-just-settle-for-the-bluebook-value friend) went to look at used cars. In the late afternoon I met up with the guys and we looked at one last car. The owner actually lived in my district (for those who don’t know, I am a legislative aide to a VA district supervisor). As we drove up to the house it was very apparent where they stood politically, as they had Kerry signs all over their yard and a big bumper stick for the woman who ran against my boss. :) We test drove the car, checked the 0-60 time, the anti-lock breaks and even inspected the rusty bolts under the rear bumper. But all in all it was a great car. So we made him an offer (and promised him we would vote :) and as long as it checks out with the mechanic on Saturday we will soon be the proud owners of a 1999 silver Honda Accord with 49,000 miles. (I will post pictures as soon as I have some and I figure out how to post them).
L
No comments:
Post a Comment