On Day 702...
We returned from Utah today, neither of us really wanting to come back to work and the fast pace of northern VA. I am sorry we did not blog while we were gone, but it was rather refreshing to be so disconnected from the world. At my parent's house, our cell phones didn't work and the dial-up internet is more of an exercise in futility than anything else... it is best left alone. Here is a short summary of what we did during our absence:
We arrived on Wednesday and did errands with my mom and brother and also went to the church to set up for Thanksgiving dinner. With 4 brothers, Drew & our "Krishnan-adopted-sibling" Matt (who is living with my family in Utah), it didn't take long. On Thanksgiving we spent the morning baking (I was assigned to make rolls, and Drew was instructed to hold the couch down), and we had Thanksgiving dinner at our church, followed by a lively (and losing) game of Hoopla. On Friday a group of us headed out to get our Christmas tree, and since there are only a few people who sell 14 foot trees we had to drive over an hour, but we ended up finding the perfect tree, and strapping it to the top of our not-so-perfect suburban (one back door doesn't open and the other we have to cover with a blanket because the window doesn't roll up... brings back fond memories of the ghetto chariot... but I digress...). We had a wonderful Indian dinner of Pav Bhaji (roughly translated - Bread & Vegetable mash), followed by far too many desserts... carrot cake, apple pie, Christmas cookies and a mandarin orange/chocolate chip cheesecake that was to die for. :) On Saturday night we saw the nutcracker with with my brothers and some of their friends. And after church on Sunday we celebrated Christmas and exchanged gifts between family members... my personal favorite was juicy green apple shampoo from Buzz... (he game my brother Ryan toilet paper... so I consider myself blessed.) And, as if the weekend wasn't busy enough, my mom taught my brother and I to knit. :)
L
1 comment:
Let's get that cheesecake posted on the Martha site? And I'm sure A did a fantastic job with his Thanksgiving duty. :)
Post a Comment