Well, in an attempt to be a good and responsible adult, I THOUGHT AHEAD and scheduled my car for an oil change and a general check up before we head to Charleston on Sunday and then 2 weeks later to VA. Well, I thought, what better day than my day off to do such a thing?? WRONG. I dropped the car off and Drew picked me up and dropped me off at home for my day of laundry folding, pilates and menu planning. He had not even left the driveway when the fateful call came.
"Good Morning Ma'am. A Realtor would like to show your house between 12:30 at 1:30, will that work for you?"
Thinking AAAHHHHHH, I calmly said "Yes, that will be fine" as I always do. Thanks to my friend Dawn's encouragement, I now have two pairs of pants, so although one was in the wash, I had another one to wear. :) AND, I had two hours to clean the house. We were also having 3 house guests the next night, but I managed to vacuum, clean the kitchen, and make up all three beds for our guests. (Brilliant me washed the sheets last week!). Drew picked me up and we pulled out just as they called to say they were running an hour behind so I couldn't go home until 2:30. So much for my healthy lunch, Chic-Fil-A will have to do!
Despite the craziness, I got to spend an afternoon with my husband doing work errands, my car (after being to two mechanics) has new tires, an alignment, an oil change and they fixed a leak! AND, we had wonderful guests, one one of them grew up in Hamilton VA, 2 minutes from where we went to school and knew a person that we worked with! Small world.
2 comments:
Oh Leah, you are amazing! I certainly hope the house issue works out soon, if for no other reason than maintaining your sanity. :-)
Hey, if you're heading up to this part of VA and have some time, let me know. Matt and I would love to see you and Drew!
thx for housing my guests!
Post a Comment