10.25.2007

The Push-Over Parent

Having a dog had shed a lot of light on what kind of parents we will be. And most of it has been a revelation. I always thought I would be the push-over parent and Drew would be the hard-liner... but NOT SO!

This morning, Drew made us french toast for breakfast (Thursdays are the only day he doesn't have class/meetings). He makes the BEST french toast, I think he has finally mastered it, because it tastes just like what you get at Cracker Barrel. Anyway... back to my story... he made two pieced for each of us... and then TWO FOR THE DOG! Granted they were the little, leftovers, but he still took the time to soak and cook them and put them on a plate. All I can say, is that she is one spoiled dog. She is the queen, and she knows it. And it is all his fault. :)

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Sounds like us only Aaron thinks I'm the one spoiling the dog (because I buy her bones, the occasional toy, etc.) :-)

Amy K said...

Mmm ... the french toast sounds awesome. Probably the best I've had is my sister in law's who makes it with Challah bread.

Anyway, I didn't realize you were expecting until I saw an (& baby) on the Shipps' blog roll. Congratulations!! That's awesome. :)

Rachel said...

i'm not sure you should see this as a reflection of your parenting... i know how you feel about that dog of yours. ;) i think you'll love your son at least a wee bit more.