9.25.2007

Update on Baby Boy 'n Stuff

Well, I know he isn't here yet, but I thought I would start the "baby domination of the blog" a little early. :) So here is a short update:
  • I felt him kick - I think I have been feeling it for a week or so, but wasn't totally sure.
  • At the last ultrasound all his measurements checked out on schedule, except that his femur bone was 2 weeks ahead of schedule, so I think we have a tall soccer player in the works because the kicking is harder than I was expecting, which I think is another reason I didn't recognize it. I was expecting a small sweet feeling and instead it feels like a he is practicing for a self defence class, it doesn't bode well for the next 4 months.
  • That said, I am over the half way point!! (For pregnant and post pregnant people I am just past 21 weeks, and for all everyone else, I am almost 5 months).
  • I am FINALLY starting to feel better. Whoever said 13 weeks would be the end is crazy, it was 18/19 before I felt better, and I think I have settled into a "pregnancy normal." Which is almost like my normal self, only with food aversions and always feeling half-asleep.
  • According to the books I have been reading, Baby Boy is almost 1lb and 10 inches long!
  • Most people still don't know I am pregnant, you can't really tell by looking.
  • Last night I pulled out my old college anatomy text book - I think the baby will have detached ear lobs and brown hair, but it was so complicated that I have decided I will just wait and see what he looks like when he arrives.
  • And Finally, we have picked a name, but are not telling people - so people around here are calling him either: Nimrod (a biblical name I came across and considered for .0001 seconds), Zacchaeus (a wee little man) or Gumby (because of his ultrasound performance).

9 comments:

Undeserving said...

So glad to hear you're finally feeling better, Leah! That must be so encouraging for you. Don't shoot me, but I actually started feeling a lot better the middle of last week (I'm 14 weeks now). By better I guess I mean that food and I have been reintroduced and are on happier terms and I finally was able to leave the house for the first time in weeks. :-)

Has your little soccer star been keeping you awake at night with his multiple field goal attempts?

The Sooz said...

I am looking forward to the brown hair and detached earlobes, Leah.

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about how you and baby are doing! I look forward to when we get to that stage, too. Also: I just love that I asked you about kids when you were here and it turns out you were already pregnant then! :)

We don't plan to divulge names ourselves when we get pregnant, either. Those are good nicknames. I'm thinking of telling people it'll be "Harry" or "Hermione" because, well, we named the dog Sirius, so we gotta keep that Harry Potter theme going, right?

Elisa said...

Isn't it exciting when you feel the baby kick? I have to say the novelty wore off a little bit when I discovered that the baby becomes the most active when I'm trying to sleep! I can actually sit and watch my stomach move and "bounce" when the baby starts kicking. Kind of weird :-) I'm so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I think I said something about feeling better by 13.5 weeks... but I didn't mean everyone would. So glad you ARE feeling better! I know people who are still sick way into the third trimester. I know what you mean about the whole genetics thing. We're very curious to see if Lauren will be a lefty like her daddy and me. :)

Anonymous said...

PS It is so cool feeling the baby move, and even more so when you can see the baby move. I remember laying in bed watching my stomach poke out here and there and feeling the waves as she moved. Now that she's gone... it almost feels weird, like somethings missing. Oh yeah... her being on the outside, it's SO MUCH BETTER. :)

Missy said...

Did you say soccer?? Josh will be so excited to hear that. Also, if you are taking a poll I vote for Nimrod or Gumby (since I did come up with Gumby I guess I should vote on it, right?) I am so glad you are feeling better.

the Tyrant said...

I still vote for Wolfgang or Zephaniah. Oh, and for the record, your are a bona fide geek - good for you for pulling out those anatomy textbooks. And Drew thought they'd never come in handy again...:-P

The Hunsbergers said...

Yay for baby boys in February! We aren't telling a name either... we want to reserve the right to change at any moment :-)

p.s. Good job on not picking Nimrod ;-)