Well, today I came home to find that the nice trash can I had set out in the morning for the lovely trash guys to take was gone.... not just the trash, but the can too! I called our trash people only to find out that they had taken the can, because as of today we have been officially annexed into a neighboring town.
Well, I knew it was coming, but didn't realize it would affect my trash service. Well, let me just tell you how over joyed I am about this... I HATE IT!!! When we built our house, we SPECIFICALLY bought property in the county, not in a city or town. But this stupid little town wants all the money they can get, so they annexed property that is NO WHERE NEAR their town. And now we have to pay BOTH county and town taxes.
The benefit??????? They gave me a recycle bin. YUP, that is the extent of the benefit. I give them $600 and they give me a yellow bucket.
And to top if all off... (I am not sure how I would know if I hadn't of called the town) not only do I have to pay $600+ dollars a year to this new town they won't even provide me with a trash can!! I have to provide my own! So out of protest, I am going to NOT Recycle, and either buy a 45 gallon can (they ask for 35 and below) OR just put it out in bags, spread across the yard... I haven't decided which yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment