Well to really understand the significance of this, let me just tell you about my obsession in high school. When I was in high school/college in Utah I worked as a waitress for two different restaurants. So, the majority of the money I made I brought home with me in cash. However, unlike all the other waitresses I wouldn't cash it in at the end of the night for a few big bills, I would bring it all home, quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies. I LOVED the coins. I collected the state quarters, and I don't mean collected one from each state, or even one from each mint, I would collect EVERY ONE I GOT. :) I know, I was weird. After work every night I would come home, dump all the money on my bed and then sort our the quarters and place them in the proper baskets around the room, and I would separate the dimes, nickels and pennies into a container, and as soon as I had enough I would roll them and take them to the bank. (not the quarters, just the rest :).
Well, once I moved to VA, I no longer waitresses and didn't have access to all the change. I left my collections at home and didn't think about it until I was home planning my wedding. I finally gave in, rolled all my quarters, it was a sad day. However, I had over $600 in quarters and that money made up a large part of our first savings account as a married couple.
Well, fast forward 5 years. I no longer collect coins like I used to (I have relaxed, and am now a shadow of the obsessive-compulsive girl I once was), however since we do all of our budgeting in cash, we end up with lots of coins around the house, here and there. We decided that we would use the change to feed our addiction... Starbucks. Well, today I collected them from all of our little stashes around the house and rolled to my heart's content. The clerk at Starbucks looked at me a little funny, but I didn't care. "One hundred six?" "Yes" "One hundred and six" "Yes, One - Zero - Six."
So, the moral of the story you ask?? Save your pennies, because someday you too can use it to buy 30.28 tall Pumpkin Spice Lattes. :)
2 comments:
You crack me up, L! Sorry I haven't commented much, but I love reading up on your blog. Congrats on having a BOY! I could tell Jackson's personality from pregnancy on... I, too, was hoping he wouldn't act exactly the same way. However, it's amazing the similarities you'll see when he's born! Lots of prayer and you'll be just fine. :)
NICE! So, i am not sure I believe the no more ocd thing, but if it allows for more pumpkin spice lattes, bring it on! :-P
Post a Comment