9.04.2007

BOOMSDAY!

This weekend we escaped to Knoxville, TN for a 24-hour whirlwind trip. Our main reason for going was to go to the BOOMSDAY Festival for the fireworks. Yes, as I posted earlier, I LOVE fireworks, so it didn't take much for our friends Josh & Missy to convince us we needed to go. :) The fireworks are set off on a bridge, and this picture does not begin to do it justice. Maybe it was the fact that we were close enough to hear the booms and the music or maybe it was just that amazing, but it was probably the best fireworks I have seen yet. At one point they had little white fireworks going off every few inches across the bridge so it looked like a huge waterfall, and some were shot out of the water!

We also were able to visit Carson-Newman College where Josh & Missy met, they showed is their dorms, cafeteria and the location of their first kiss. :) We also got to meet a bunch of their college friends, which was great fun. It is funny how even though we went to different schools they have the same great friendships with their college friends that we do.

And finally, thanks to our amazing secretary, it was all made possible, because she babysat the monster for us. (She has two monsters of her own, so Ivy was off and playing within minutes).

We also managed to squeeze in a date night and two dinners with family this weekend. It was a full, but great weekend!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi! I miss you guys! How are you!!! It sounds like Andrew's class is going well. I think of your house selling lots and pray for you still. There's a pregnant teammate here, and I think of you when I talk to her about it too. I love you and am thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Aw! I finally went to your blog and read about your Boomsday experience. I am so glad you guys went with us and had a grand time! We love you guys! See ya later today!