9.05.2007

The (UN) Joys of Selling Your House

Well, there I was taking my sweet time getting anything done today (Wednesdays are my day off). I didn't get up until Andrew called and woke me up (after he had taken a shower, eaten breakfast, walked the dog and been to class) at 9. Since I only have 1 pair of pants, I started a load of laundry, showered and put my pajamas back on.

It amazes me how tired I am ALL THE TIME. Things I ALWAYS used to do fall by the wayside... everything from making the bed to vacuuming. It was all I could do to make myself breakfast - meaning I chopped strawberries and poured a bowl of cereal - and take the dog out. Andrew had a meeting 5 minutes away, so he came home for lunch at 12:30 or so. I actually managed to make scrambled eggs with potatoes and veggies, and slice banana bread (YAY ME!).

THEN... the phone rang. The call I dread... "Ms. Zetterholm, we have an agent who would like to show your home today between 1:45 and 2:45. Will that work for you?" In a split second I think about the fact that our suitcase from this weekend is sitting on the bathroom counter, and the bed isn't made, the kitchen is a mess, Ivy has eaten no less than 12 leaves on the living room rug (and by eat I mean munched and spit out), and I haven't vacuumed for 3 days so there is dog hair everywhere... AND it is 1:16!!! But in the same instant I think... these could be the people! I can't say no!! So I calmly answer "Sure."

And then begins the frantic mode... Pull out half-dry pants from dryer. Thank goodness for Andrew, he starts on the kitchen while I run up the stairs, pulling on my wet pants. Turn on all lights. Make sure shower curtains are pulled back slightly so they can see the tiled shower. Clean bathroom. Make sure there are no undergarments visible in the closet. Make bed. Vacuum. Hide IPOD & Jewelry. Dog in Crate. Purse. Phone. Keys. LEAVE. As I leave the development I glance down... 1:41. :)

So here I am, sitting at a coffee shop that has free wireless, longing for my couch...

All that to say... please pray that the house sells soon, so I don't have to run around like a pregnant chicken with my head cut off in wet pants.

Thanks for reading. :)

6 comments:

jen said...

That is so hilarious. Probably not so much for you though! I feel your pain on the wet pants....I can NOT stand wet pants. ugh.

Rachel said...

i sure hope it sells soon too. no fun to do that as you get more round, for sure.

Anonymous said...

I had the same experience (realtors trying to show the house) while I pregnant and then while I had a newborn on into my second pregnancy. I feel for you! Especially since there is no tired like being pregnant. :-) I'll be praying that the house sells quickly and easily.

Terri

Rachelle said...

Did it sell? Did it sell? -rlr

Anonymous said...

Wow... I know your "pain" re: tiredness. I remember coming home from work (where no one knew I was pregnant) and crashing on the couch. Hopefully this will pass soon for you. As for the house. It's amazing how fast you can get things done when you have an urgent deadline... Adrenalin is an amazing thing. I'm praying the house has sold... or is being sold this month!

Melanie said...

Hilarious! Great image. :) Miss being around to hear about that one and then going to watch a Friends episode. I keep praying for that house to sell!!! And my prayers happen 11 hours before yours! That's gotta be something special!