12.15.2005

Not Much to Say

On Day 1083...

Well, it has been a busy time since I have been home, but there really isn't much to say. I have been keeping busy, and yet not doing much if that is possible... just going through the motions because if I stop and think I might forget something. So here are a few of the things that have been going on lately in the Z's life:

- Christmas Choir Concert at Church - I am in the choir, so the week leading up the concert was consumed with practices, dress rehearsals and two performances. It was great fun, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

- Christmas Shopping - I finished my family's before Thanksgiving, so it is just A's family, and also A (which I did in 1 hour... yahoo!). I went on a Monday morning to avoid the horrendous crowds at the mall and other Christmas Present type places. :)

- Christmas Tree/Decorating - we try to go and cut a tree down every year, this year we headed west of A'ville to Gentree's Tree Farm... well there is nothing like a HIKE before you look at trees... and I think that realization that we had to carry the tree all the way down the hill with us (in the rain) make an impact of our decision. However, we have a beautiful tree, filled with ornaments that we have collected from different trips we have taken. I love unpacking them and reliving all of the wonderful experiences.

- Lost Party - well, as our weekly TV show is not on again until after the new year, we had a dinner party and a great evening of conversation and laughter. And we played my new favorite game... Whoonu.

- Work Christmas Party - I have definitely decided that the next time I plan a party, it will be in July... when there is not even a hint of any sort of precipitation. This year, we postponed it a week because of bad weather, and then I managed to schedule it for the one rainy day the next week. Where I grew up, you go rain or shine, if you postponed everything for rain/sleet/snow you wouldn't be able to do anything from October to April... but here the hint of anything keeps them inside... it wouldn't matter if it was sunny and 50 outside, it the weather man said that snow might be coming they don't venture out.

- Lazy Saturday - today I am baking Christmasy bread and sending out the few remaining Christmas Cards, listing to Christmas music and just enjoying the weekend.

So there you go, there is a whole lot about nothing. :)

L

No comments: