9.14.2005

Did you know?

On Day 992...

Well, since it has been almost been a year since we started this blog, I thought tell you a little bit more about myself. (And maybe some time in the near future I can convince A to post his own list). Here are 37 things that you may or may not know about me:

1. I love singing.
2. My middle name used to be Shanthi.
3. My husband would like to name our first girl Shanthi (I do not).
4. I have been to Hong Kong.
5. I am a work-before-play person.
6. As evidence of the above, I can't watch a movie before the kitchen is clean.
7. My husband is a play-before-work person.
8. I love baseball.
9. I played the piano for 11 years.
10. I haven't played for 7 years.
11. If I have time, I like to cook.
12. I was in choir and took voice lessons in college.
13. I majored in Government/Public Policy.
14. My favorite classes in college were Anatomy & Math.
15. I have never been to Europe.
16. I grew up in the west, and still love the Rockies.
17. I hate dress clothes (this may have something to do with No. 16).
18. I don't own anything pink.
19. I graduated from college at 19.
20. I love being married.
21. Urban Burrito is one of my favorite places to eat.
22. I have four amazing brothers.
23. I snowboard.
24. I can't justify having the windows down and the ac on in the car.
25. I have my dad's coloring, but I look like my mom.
26. 26 is my favorite number.
27. I have 5 earrings.
28. I was married on the 28th.
29. I am half Indian (NOT native american... yes this is a pet peeve).
30. I have never been to Washington state or Oregon.
31. This may change soon.
32. I have a disproportionate number of friends named Rachel.
33. I like politics.
34. To confirm the above, I am currently listening to C-SPAN.
35. I like almost all games.
36. I don't like chess.
37. I like lists.

L

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One good list deserves another. Here is my list:
1. I love singing, but am pretty sure that I have a terrible voice.
2. My middle name is Samuel, but I have never really liked it.
3. My wife would like to name our first girl Katya. I agree.
4. I have only been on two continents, but have been to nine differents countries.
5. I am a tremendously lazy person (my great personal struggle), but I need to have a clean kitchen before I cook, which annoys Christy sometimes.
6. I watch an average of one to two movies a month (and no television).
7. My wife has a great discernment when it comes to when to work and when to play.
8. Baseball bores me to tears.
9. I played the piano for one year (far exceeding my two months of trumpet).
10. I haven't played for ... um... 20 years?
11. I also like to cook when I have time.
12. I was president of the juggling club during college (no one else wanted the position) and learned to ride a unicycle from a former circus performer.
13. I majored in Computer Science.
14. My favorite class was Aztecs, Mayas, and Incas -- two tests, no homework, fun material.
15. I have been to seven countries in Europe (eight if you count Wales as a separate country -- Wales rocks!)
16. I have never been to the Rockies.
17. I never, ever iron my clothes. So I don't do too well with dress clothes either.
18. I don't anything pink either.
19. I graduated from college married.
20. I love being married too.
21. Baja Fresh is one of my favorites places to eat. I could eat Mexican every day.
22. I have one distant brother.
23. I have never snowboarded. I own two pairs of skis and haven't skied in eight years.
24. I can't justify AC most days. I am practicing for the day when I don't have a choice.
25. I have my dad's nose. He can have it back anytime he wants it.
26. I don't really have a favorite number, but I like numbers divisible by three.
27. I have one earring, but don't wear it often. I would have a lot more if Christy still found it attractive. I have one tattoo and I usually wear it.
28. I was married on the 20th, second son was born on the 19th, and I proposed on the 18th. Different months though.
29. I am half-crazed.
30. I haven't been to Washington State or Oregon either, but I really want to.
31. This is taking longer than I thought that it would.
32. I don't know anyone named Rachel. You took all my Rachel friends, I guess.
33. I don't like politics.
34. I get mad anytime that I listen to or read anything about politics.
35. I like almost all games.
36. I like chess, but not enough to play with anyone who takes it seriously.
37. I like lists also.
38. I like RSS so I can see when everyone updates their blog without having to actually check everyone's blog.

I hope you all are doing well. We are heading down to NC this weekend to visit the Wycliffe site (and start investigating possible housing options).

Anonymous said...

Hmm... It's kind'a funny that you have so many friends named Rachel, thankfully none are your husband's wife. ;-) I can't say that I know any Hagars. :)

Anonymous said...

It's not our fault our parents all had the same naming "inspiration" during the 80's!! This is why you should name your first daughter Shanthi. She won't have to deal with having the "safe/educated guess" on her name be the year's equivalent of Rachel or Sarah as it has been for my age group. ;)
Yay for #31!

Rachelle said...

Ditto for no. 31! We'll make sure you get 2-for-1.

I guess I should thank my parents for the twist on Rachel. Though I still get called that a lot. :)