- Canned 6 quarts of dilly beans, 10 pints of chili sauce, 4 pints of peach jam and 2 pints of raspberry jam (picked from bushes near my house).
- Froze 20 cups of peaches, 8 peach pie fillings, 12 quarts of homemade apple sauce, 7 apple pie fillings, and I blanched, chopped, cooked and froze 25lbs of tomatoes for soup this winter.
- Made 32 cups of chicken broth and froze it
- Made granola
- Made and froze potato soup, carrots, sweet potatoes, pears, peach-yogurt-banana-smoothie and peas for baby food
- Made and froze 20 cups of whole wheat pancake mix
- And I just pulled 3 loaves of bread out of the oven... and 4 cinnamon rolls... I LOVE warm whole wheat bread... there is nothing better!
- And my mother-in-law and i are going to can black, garbonzo and red beans in a couple weeks!
I LOVE fall... soup, hot chocolate, fires.... I love it all...
4 comments:
You're amazing, Leah! Good for you. It's a nice "cozy" feeling to know you have that food stocked up. :-)
Wow, very impressive. I love getting food stored up. If you have access (next summer) to a variety of fresh veggies, I have the BEST soup recipe to send you (if you're interested). It works great as a soup to freeze and then warm up when it's chilly. Very tasty.
my sister is nuts! :)
hook a brother up. i am in a constant state of starving. i think the whole stop driving and ride the bike costs more in food than my car does in gas...
Post a Comment