11.20.2008

GOOP

I made (am making actually) GOOP for lunch today. It is just me, or when everything is on the edge of going bad in the fridge do you dump it all together and see what you get?

This is something I thought I would never do. My mom did this when I was a kid and stories of "Purple Soup" live on to this day. My mom swears it wasn't that bad, but she was conveniently gone that night and I distinctly remember puking it up after dinner. My poor dad had to set a good example and eat the nasty stuff... I secretly think he probably puked it up afterward too. :)

Well, I am hoping mine turns out a little better than my mom's purple soup. But as I was trying to find something fun lunch I found, mushrooms, a green pepper, cherry tomatoes, peas, sausage, chicken broth and a few other random things... mix that with some spices and rice and I think I have myself a lunch.... at 3:00pm. :-P Ah well!!

Tonight we are having Mateer Paneer (peas and indian cheese) because I had a whole gallon of milk that expired!

I do promise that we do eat things that aren't on the verge of growing things, just not this week. :)

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Yay for the link to the recipe....However, is it me or did they leave out the names of several of the ingredients? (Finely chopped ????? what). Sounds good!