11.07.2008

In My Humble Opinion: BABY TOYS

Item: Baby Toys

Description: Anything!!

Pros: Toys are cheap!

Cons: Are there any??

Thoughts: Andrew has banned anything that lights up, sings or makes any noise. I did get a bouncy seat that vibrates, but that was it. Last week a friend gave us a little ball that lights up and sings the alphabet song (they weren't aware of A's ban :)... Ben LOVED IT, for about 30 minutes. :) As soon as the newness wore off, his love affair was over. I am just hear to say that Ben has some expensive toys, but his favorites are a baking powder can, an empty tums bottle and an old aquafina bottle with dry beans in it. And as you can see, it doesn't get any better than a pot and a wooden spoon... this kept his busy for HOURS!! Who needs expensive toys when you have a kitchen and some old plastic bottles. :)

4 comments:

The Sooz said...

As long as he doesn't get into the whole "kitchen knife scene" that some little boys get into, I think you're set.

Mark and Erin said...

It's crazy, isn't it! Jon has loads of toys, but other than a few for later (Legos, etc.) I'm tempted to get rid of most of them! He prefers empty bottles, books and anything Mark and I use. I wonder if it's more a "boy thing" or if girls are like that too?

Julie said...

so true, so true. Caleb especially NEVER played with baby toys. He loved playing with wooden spanking spoons the most.

Jennifer Shaw said...

I love that Andrew has a toy ban. Way to lay down the law, Dad.