This morning we had a yard sale to raise money for a friend who is going to Thailand for 2 years as a missionary. We raised just over $400!! It could not have come at a better time, it was a great time to get rid of things since we are probably moving in the next few months. I didn't think we had much, but we got rid of TONS of things... books, clothes, vases, end tables and much more...
I personally think it was the best sale ever, because since it was all going to one place we didn't have to worry about who's stuff was who's... we just sold it. And we entered knowing that if it didn't sell it was all going to Goodwill, so we would sell it all at any price. It started at 8, by 10:30 we were at half price and by 11 we went to "Everything you can fit in a bag for $1." And since there were 10 of us (girls in our bible study) plus a few husbands the set up and tear down went very quickly.
It never ceases to amaze me the things people buy... my lovely candlestick holders didn't go and some baby clothes didn't go, but my ugly jewelry box, shaving cream, 3 boxes of collector plates, and the box of oranges and grapefruit that I bought for us to eat sold for $3!!! (Only after I assured her they were from Florida though).
It was a great Morning, Ivy had a great time meeting all the new people (and dogs) and then we took her to the dog park to run around, but she was so tired she just sniffed around and plopped down in the tiny bit of shade that was there. She will sleep well tonight!!
Well, we are off to see Shrek 3 with friends....
L
P.S. The house went on the market yesterday!!! Hopefully no one will show it before Monday because it isn't clean, but we shall see....
1 comment:
Hey! I have found your blog and so excited. I'm proud to be talked about on your blog. Thanks for all you did for the garage sale for me! Mucho appreciado. (I really do know Spanish better than that.)
Post a Comment