1.25.2007

India Trip: Day 5

Disclaimer: These were my journal entries, so sorry if they don't make complete sense since they were written more as my reference than to tell other people. You can blaim Drew because he is the one who wanted me to post them. :) I just hope that we can share a little bit of our amazing trip with you, and hopefully this will help!
-----
Indian coffee is just as amazing as I remembered. Patti has two servants who come each day to wash, clean & chop vegetables for meals. Ananthi, dad’s cousin, came on the overnight train and brought my 4 outfits. They are beautiful, one orange, one tan, one black & one brown and blue, all with scarves. They are much cooler than wearing jeans every day.

We rented a 10 passanger van & took it shopping. We went to VTI, and Indian handicraft store which is full of everything from trinkets to furniture. I want to take some carved elephants home with us. (Micah is really sick so he didn’t come L) Then we went to a clothing store, where we bought “king suits” for all the guys and Sarah. I bought a green one for Darrell as promised.

Then we had samosas and pineapple ice cream & Drew bought Harry Potter books 4-6 to continue his reading. He has been reading for 4 days and finished the first three books. We saw a man on a bicycle with one daughter in front and one on the back.

Around 9:45pm I was woken up by drums. The local church (dad met the pastor in Ogden last year) had come with an accordion, drums & a tambourine & 15 people & were singing Christmas carols… some in Tamil and some in English. Drew slept through the whole thing. Dad is preaching on Sunday, so the pastor is sending 3 cars for all of us.

No comments: