On Day 818...
She stepped into the old, musty building slightly before noon on Thursday. It was a new place and she felt conspicuous, even though no one had even noted her arrival. As she waited she noted the people around her; a man cover in tattoos, an elderly woman, a happy couple, a young girl with a nose ring... all with the same purpose. All waiting for their moment to be called forward. Before long the moment was upon her. NEXT!
As she sunk into the chair the all too familiar feelings washed over her: butterflies in her stomach, her heart pounding in her ears, a feeling of panic. What if I don't remember? What if I don't pass? What happens if I fail? And yet there was nothing she could do but proceed. One by one she answered the questions... trying desperately to recall the information she had reviewed just moments before. And finally... after what seemed to be an endless stream of questions, it was over. And...
I PASSED! I now have a valid NC Driver's License... complete with a totally humiliating picture. :)
L
1 comment:
Now you are real CHA!!! (Certified Hick of America). HAHA (SdcH)
Post a Comment