3.18.2005

Back from the Dead

On Day 812...

Does anyone have any toothpicks? After a wonderful, but tiring week with my family toothpicks are about the only things that would keep my eyes open. Here is why I need them:

1. The Flu - when Nathan (my 15 year-old brother) got off the airplane he was sick and it only got worse. By day 2 his fever was well over 103. So needless to say, this put a bit of a damper on their time here.

2. Time Change - Because of the two-hour time difference my mom was just getting started when Drew and I usually head for bed at 9pm. My brother and sister-in-law are also night people and would come and visit with my mom and buzz until the wee hours of the morning and I just couldn't be left out of all the fun... right?

3. Guys & Dolls - Asheville Christian Academy (where Drew went to school) put on a wonderful performance of Guys & Dolls and after 3 hours of singing on a Friday night... who can go to bed before 11? Did you know that you can pull off the plan without anyone kissing or any skin showing while the show girls were dancing?

4. SUGAR! - I have not had sugar since we moved down here, but my mother was cooking so I had more ice cream and sugar that I have had in months. I didn't remember how hyper it made me. :)

L

No comments: