On Day 812...
I still remember when I was 12 & 13 waiting until my parents went to bed (their bedroom was right above mine, so I could hear every step) and then I would sit and read until 2 or 3 in the morning. I would finish a book in one night, I just couldn't put it down.
Well, college ruined me. Not only did it all-but-kill my love for reading I also lost the ability to read one book from beginning to end. Well, this flawed habit is not reflected in what is on my bookshelf. Currently I am reading:
1. The Complete Financial Guide for Young Couples (Larry Burkett). Call me a geek but I am really enjoying it and have learned a lot.
2. Desiring God (John Piper). Another great book, I am only a few chapters into it, but it is one that my dad told me to read so I decided that after about 9 years I would stop putting it off :).
3. Sacred Marriage (I don't know remember the author). The book was given to us as a gift by some of our closest friends and we are reading it together.
4. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I have to be in the right mood to read this one, but it great as well. YELLOW.
5. Secrets of the Heart. Indulging my girly-13-year-old side, this is a book about a mail order bride. Simple but fun and easy to read.
L
1 comment:
I'm so sorry to hear college was so detrimental to your reading habits! The only way college was detrimental to my reading habits was in that I didn't have time to read more fun books (but as an English and History major, I got to read a lot of really cool books).
And now with graduate school...well, we're talking 1800-3000 pages a week. I don't know what that'll do to me. :)
Post a Comment