10.28.2010

Happy Sadness

Most people are overjoyed when their children start eating solid food. Don't get me wrong, the idea of being able to leave for more than 2 hours at a time has its benefits, but it is also a little bit sad. This means she is growing up, she is not longer the baby who entered this world just 6 short months ago. I know it sounds odd, but up to this point it has been ONLY MY BODY that has nourished her from a tiny little egg to his 20+ lbs pile of giggles and rolls. How amazing is that?

But this little girl continues to be completely opposite of her brother and has taken to food with a passion. She loves it all, sippy cups, teething biscuits, applesauce, chicken and whatever else we give her too...


Teething biscuit... sorry for the basketballs little girl!


Love.


Um, dad... what is this stuff?

Okay, I guess it was good.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I actually wish I could have held off longer on the solids, but apparently Mommy wasn't providing enough this time around. :-p By the appearance of Naomi's cheeks, Momma done good!!