I am a recovering camper.
I know it sounds silly but we camped a lot when I was younger, and when I was 12 we moved into a 36' travel trailer waiting for our house to be finished... well... FOUR YEARS LATER we moved out. That's right, my parents, 4 brothers and I lived there for 4 years... we all slept in sleeping bags in the floor. So, you can see why I may not be totally keen on the idea of camping...
Well, since my husband works for a company that SELLS camping gear, and we have kids (so camping is a MUCH cheaper option for vacationing) he is been pushing harder than ever, so this past week we bought a tent, sleeping bags and a stove. As long as I can take a shower every morning, I think I will live. :)
So here is to many years of fun memories for our kids of the great out doors, camping, hiking, campfires, marshmallows, bug spray, sleeping bags and so much more...
I know it sounds silly but we camped a lot when I was younger, and when I was 12 we moved into a 36' travel trailer waiting for our house to be finished... well... FOUR YEARS LATER we moved out. That's right, my parents, 4 brothers and I lived there for 4 years... we all slept in sleeping bags in the floor. So, you can see why I may not be totally keen on the idea of camping...
Well, since my husband works for a company that SELLS camping gear, and we have kids (so camping is a MUCH cheaper option for vacationing) he is been pushing harder than ever, so this past week we bought a tent, sleeping bags and a stove. As long as I can take a shower every morning, I think I will live. :)
So here is to many years of fun memories for our kids of the great out doors, camping, hiking, campfires, marshmallows, bug spray, sleeping bags and so much more...
1 comment:
Could I send you my kids when they decide they want to camp? I HATE camping. Teenage memories of being wet and cold. UGH.
Post a Comment