10.14.2010

The FIRST Camping Trip

Well, as I wrote in my last post, I am a recovering camper. Andrew has been wanting to camp for a few years now, and some of our best friends are big campers (they moved away, so the pressure isn't as intense :). I finally gave in and Andrew bought a tent, stove and lantern... but I figured I would have until spring to get used to the idea, who camps in October anyway??? Well, we do. :) Andrew decided last WEDNESDAY, that we were going to go camping on FRIDAY. So after rearranging our scheduled a few hundred times we made it work. My brother and his wife came with us and we really enjoyed having them!

We went to a campsite that was not too far from home (by that I mean 15 minutes or less). We got their on Friday afternoon and left Sunday morning. Neither child slept very well, but other than that we had a great time. We played in the lake, had camp fires, roasted marshmallows, played Uno and Go Fish and Ben spent 2 hours with a stick and some acorns... :)


Making Sand/Mud Pies


Gettin' Dirty


Naomi checking out the water


Splashing


Splashing is awesome!!


Ben may have done a face plant in the water...


Naomi enjoying the beach/shoe


Breakfast at camp


Auntie Mers is the best! Her lucky charms beat mom's oatmeal any day!


Going for a walk


Uncle Ryan is so cool! And so tall!!


I can see everything!


"So much being carried, I am pooped!"


Free entertainment


Washing dishes

No comments: