9.17.2008

In My Humble Opinion: ROBES

Well, it has been a while since I announced it but it is finally here... please let me know your opinion as well! Humble or not!! :)

Item: Robes a.k.a. Bath Robes

Description: The can be silky or towel material, but just the thing that you find hanging up at expensive hotels for you to wear (I have seen this in movies, although I have never experienced it, Super 8 doesn't have them).

Pros: They can be warm and fuzzy or they can cover up things you don't want people to see...

Cons: They can be bulky... and let's face it... sometimes hideously ugly.

Thoughts: In a nutshell, anyone that has time for a piece of clothing BETWEEN pajamas and getting dressed has too much time on their hands. If you are a millionaire who doesn't work (or are married to one) go ahead, knock yourself out... but for those of us normal folk, who has time for a robe??? I know I don't. I am lucky to get out of my pajamas in the morning and if I do manage a shower I don't have time to put a robe on THEN change AGAIN into my clothes! It is more like "Oh man, I hope Ben isn't getting into anything, I have 3 minutes before I need to be out of here... I have so much to get done and I need to get Ben ready, so I guess I won't be doing my hair, and I will skip the make-up, but at least I will be clean!"

3 comments:

Ryan said...

well i think that boxers sport them very well. they put them on back stage... walk down a ramp, then take it off to go box. i don't know of a single instance where robes are worn for an extended period of time; unless you are in a methodist choir... in which case you will need a monogram of a cross on the back.

Missy said...

Well if you live in a house where you have no master bathroom yet so you have to shower in the hall bath, then your room has no master closet yet so you have to get clothes out of the guest closet, then maybe some out of the dresser in your room...a robe can come in handy. =) (Josh and I got some as gifts when we got married.)

jen said...

I agree. Pretty much the only time I use my robe is when I have to run down to the basement to grab clothes out of the dryer (between shower and getting dressed) and when I'm sick and I muster the strength for a shower but then can't muster the strength to get dressed.