9.05.2008

Happenings


Hello dear readers. Life has been a little crazy in the Zetterholm household. And it doesn't seem to be slowing down! I feel like we are stuck in hyper drive and here's why:

  • Benjamin is REALLY on the move. He is into EVERYTHING in the blink of an eye. In two minutes he will crawl in the fireplace, eat dirt from the plant, lick dog hair off the floor, dig in the garbage can & smile up at your in a way that makes your heart melt. As you can see in the picture above he also loves to climb under the bar stools.
  • And it has officially begun... we have been using the "N" word... multiple times a day. He sort of responds... well he looks at you, smiles his beautiful baby smile, and keeps on digging in the trash can. :) So we flicked him today... and STILL nothing. He just kept smiling at me... sigh... I guess I should have expected nothing less since he is his father's son. :-P
  • My business has been keeping me quite busy. Tomorrow I am working 11 hours at the fair... with Ben. Pray for me if you think about it. :) I am working 3 other days this week, one of them the same 11 hour shift!
  • A CAR!! After much searching (and by that I mean checking Craig's List every 4 minutes) we have found a car... and not on Craig's List... someone was selling one in our church. It is a complete answer to prayer... 1. Cheap 2. Good gas mileage 3. Fits a HUGE dog 4. No major problems... now just pray that we both learn to drive stick.. AHH!!
  • School... it seems to be a four letter word some days. School is in full swing for Andrew. Weekly papers, presentations, 100 lbs of books and weekly 2-day trips to Charlotte.
  • Work... as some of you know, Andrew got a job a few weeks ago... for which we are SOO thankful... however it has been a sort of roller coaster ride. We are learning that our security is in Christ alone, not a job, a house or any other thing. A few days after Andrew started his boss had a mental break down and was admitted to a mental health facility. It was surreal. He is back now, but still has good days and bad days. The company is a small residential construction company and so from the beginning it has been up and down as to whether or not Andrew will have a job the next week. Yesterday it was looking like two more weeks, today it is looking much better... maybe 8 or more months... but tomorrow may be back again, we just never know.
  • Finally, our poor Ivy - in the last week she developed this huge tumor looking thing on her neck, and she was not eating... she wouldn't do anything but sleep. I cried a few too many times thinking it was cancer or some horrible thing. (I never ever thought I would cry over a dog). At the vet yesterday (another bill we can't afford) they tested it and found out it wasn't cancer, but they don't know what it is, so they gave her some meds and sent us on our way. So please pray that Ivy will get better!

So there you have it. :)

5 comments:

Sarah M. said...

Wow, it seems like he was born just yesterday! LOL

And I am totally with you on the "N" thing. Lauren loves rocking in her high chair - only problem is she's got enough momentum to flip it over... so we're telling her no, and she just grins and rocks harder. Flicking the hand doesn't always work either. Holding her still works and causes quite a fuss... (sigh) Oh and then there's the food throwing... that's a continuing battle. But she is doomed to lose.

Rachelle said...

I'm glad Ivy didn't have a cancerous tumor. How strange they don't know what it is....
Good to talk with you. We'll keep praying about Andrew's work. -rlr

The Sooz said...

Driving stick is where it's at! I'm sure you know that about me by now, though.

Unknown said...

As I was reading this, I said outloud, o my goodness.
Girl, you've got a lot going on, God is really on the move in your life. That's what I like to concentrate on when things are crazy.
All of it is amazingly crazy, but hopefully and it sounds like you are finding joy in these moments that will not last forever.
And....Ivy, poor poor Ivy. that part made me get teary too, dogs are such a blessing but can bring such stress too.
You guys are in our prayers, so glad to know what's going on in detail and with Andrew's job.
And....Ben is so big, he's grown so fast I can't believe it.

Elisa said...

You guys are running! Ben is so cute and I can totally relate to the stage he is at. Ellen is my little two-foot tornado. We have started using the "N" word and flicking her too. Sometimes it works. She definitely has a mind of her own :-) I'll definitely be praying for your family and everything you have going on.