I was at the farmer's market today buying everything to can dilly beans and here is the conversation:
Me: Is this a bushel of beans?
Farmer: Yes
Me: Would this type be good for canning?
Farmer: I could tell when you walked up you didn't know what you were looking for. Are you doing the canning?
Me (a little offended): There are two of us canning.
Farmer: Are you helping and older woman?
Me: Yes
Farmer: Get these, this is what she wants.
Note to self - NEVER buy from him again!
3 comments:
you should really have rubbed of the "inept, ignorant & seeking help..." off your forehead.
Did you thank him in your sweetest voice for his helpfulness?
How rude of him. I'm pretty sure if that had been me that he would have lost that sale. Ornery old man.
Don't feel bad Leah, someday we'll go canning and you can be the older woman. :-D (Don't you miss me terribly?)
Post a Comment