Then there are the DOWNS- the calls saying that the canceled the showing, or that they didn't like the house. Here are a few of the reasons we have gotten so far:
- Didn't like the area
- Don't like the floor plan
- "Liked the neighborhood, and the floor plan, not the right house for them" YES, someone said that... really useful feedback, huh?
- Won't live in a house that had pets
- Not interested because they have to let their dog out the BACK door to use the bathroom (our back door goes to a deck that is 15 feet up). What do you say to that one?
Two weeks ago, we had our first - second showing. As luck would have it, we found out about their first showing AFTER it happened. They called at 10am on a Sunday morning, and showed it at 10:30. The house was a TOTAL wreck... we came home and found a business card laying on the counter. I had left my phone at home, and I ran to check messages, and sure enough... there had been a showing. Sadly, they chose not to make an offer because they drove his commute and thought it was too long.
Well, yesterday we had another showing (yes, right in the middle of one of the craziest weeks - read the earlier post -) and our realtor called (who also happens to be their realtor) to say that they really liked it and it was between our house and one other. They came back to look today and were thinking about making an offer when they got a call saying her grandmother had died. I am very sorry for them, but my goodness... I just want off the ride!! :)
If you think of it, please pray that our house would sell!
2 comments:
I feel your pain Leah. We had our house for sale this past summer and dealt with that too. I always thought I kept my house fairly clean, but to get it in showing condition was a serious task! We have it for sale by owner right now.......in other words, off the market, until spring. I dread putting it back cause I will have to get it back in shape.
I have you on the choir prayer list just so you know. You got singin people prayin!
Post a Comment