6.20.2006

Where is the Line?

Where do you draw the line between expressing what you know to be true (right and wrong) and not holding unbelievers to the same standards?

Today, a woman in my office asked me what I thought about going on a cruise with her boyfriend. They have been dating a month or two, and he has invited her on a week long cruise. She wanted a "girl's opinion." What would you say? How do you speak the truth in love in this kind of situation?

L

3 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

Keyword: opinion. If she's asking, you have the opportunity to tell her what your opinion is. She may disagree, but she did ask. And who knows, maybe it will be an open door for her to see and hear the TRUTH your opinion is based on.

Anonymous said...

Whether one supports premarital sex and/or putting oneself in such a circumstance of temptation as going on a cruise with a significant other - if they've been dating such a short time, that seems iffy. If she's asking your opinion, she's likely on the fence. You could opt for a simple, "Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable going on a trip like that after such a short time of dating."

the Tyrant said...

I'm not good at the "love" part of speaking the truth...I'd probably end up telling the woman it would be not only unwise, but also stupid, and a sin to boot. Stick with Janice's advice.