2.08.2006

Yours Truly

On Day 1138...

Well, here is a brief glimpse into my life... it is exhausting some times...

The Scene - Just getting home from work, standing in my kitchen

I decide to walk to the mailbox and get the mail, and as I am stepping forward for my keys I realize that my jeans are caught on my shoe, so I bring my foot up to fix it, and as I am putting it down, I get my foot hooked in the garbage can, and fling garbage everywhere, while knocking over the broom which I had leaned on the garbage can because I was going to sweep up the dirt... which is now all over the kitchen again...

So what should have been a 3 second walk to the counter turned into a 15 minute clean-up session...

And I don't even have kids...or pets... or anything else to blame it on. :)

L

3 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

That has been my day in so many ways! Ug! Right after I feel like swearing, I just have to laugh. Life's too short!

Meredith said...

hillarious to say the least. i'm pretty sure every day is like that for me. not at my house but at the house were i spend most of the time. (i nanny full time for a family of 5) i work all day to get the house clean, fix all the meals and do all the laundry and once the kids get home from school everything goes to pot and they consume the meal that took me hours to make, in less than 10 minutes. not to mention the time it takes me to clean up the kitchen after all this mess. i love it though it gets overwhelming and old at times.

Ryan said...

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! you can't even walk without causing trouble! do you walk much? i thought mom said you were an early walker... she was way off! hahaha!