2.17.2006

Feeling Sick?

On Day 1147...

Do you ever wonder what goes through the cashier's head when they are checking you out at the grocery store? "What is this woman thinking... her chocolate is going to cancel out any good that will come from the broccoli!" "Who eats that many eggs??" "Organic black beans? Who in their right mind buys organic black beans??"

There are a few items that are embarrassing to buy, but I think I found the most embarrassing combination yesterday. Gatorade and toilet paper... and I couldn't think of anything else that we needed. A laughed when I told him what I needed, and refused to go for me. (How Rude! :) I could just hear the cashier, "I am not going near your house any time soon!" So, in an attempt to lessen the embarrassment I went to a grocery store that I don't ever plan to visit again (at least not in the next 10 years), and I used the self-checkout lines. Silly I know... I guess I am just weird that way.

L

7 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

LOL!!!! I totally do that! And thank GOD for self-checkout! There are a host of items nobody should have to know you're buying. I hope you guys are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

I used to get embarrassed buying pads and tampons, but now I just don't care. One woman I know (more of a friend of a friend) LOVES to go to the store for a bottle of wine and a box of condoms - and she always has a condom coupon and looks for the youngest male checker (whoever might be most embarrassed).

Of course, one time she was at a convenience store (on a drive to visit her husband who was out of town for work), and she bought wine, condoms, and a lottery ticket, and the clerk said, "Hm, someone's gettin' lucky tonight, huh?"

I just think that's funny. :)

Rachelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachelle said...

ROFL to Tanya's comment.... I have to say I am the shy type. Fortunately my husband has no problem buying tampons. As he observed once, "Well obviously they aren't for me." -rlr

DcD said...

Yes, but none of you were 16-year-old boys who had to buy tampons for his mother when she threw her back out and couldn't go to the store....

Talk about feeling weird!

Anonymous said...

lol, Deodorant and shampoo are bad enough for me, not to mention undergarments and the like.

P.S. do the cashiers check you out on a regular basis?? ...

Anonymous said...

M. got a taste of that a few weeks back when I was laid up with bronchitis - how's this for a grocery list: chamomille/green tea (decaf), cough drops, orange juice, tissues, soup, gatorade, ice pops, cocoa, and "girl stuff" - he's the bestest.