On Day 1116...
My mom got a call yesterday from my dad who is in India visiting his parents. He was hit by a car and had to get 20 stitches above his eye. He lost a lot of blood, and delayed his return by another week, but said he was doing ok and just ready to come home.
It is raining here in Asheville, we are trying to get the footers poured for our house, and things just keep coming up. They weren't ready on Friday, and it snowed, Monday was a holiday (for everyone but us :), Today it is raining again and tomorrow it is supposed to snow! AUGH!
We had two different companies price our building supplied (lumber, nails etc) and one came in at TEN THOUSAND more than the other.
My brother is probably going to come and live with us this summer. YAHOO!
I feel like I am missing a huge part of me... I am carless for 3 days while my little Honda (Cord) is getting fixed. I had forgotten how much I use a car. I am at the mercy of A's schedule.
L
6 comments:
great to see an update from you. ryan told me about your dad and it's a little bit scary but i'm glad he's doing ok. i'll be praying that the weather there improves so that things can move along for your house. i know how it is. Frustrating to say the least. Ryan is super excited about coming out there this summer. Take care of him and be sure that I'll come out and visit.
Meredith,
Yes, I am so exciting about Ryan coming out, and you must come and visit us. We would love to have you out here, and get to know you better... and meet you face to face for that matter. :) Yes, I will definately take care of him, and with two boys to cook for it will be a lot more fun. :)Thank you for praying for my dad, I know he needs it, he is just ready to be home.
Blessings,
L
Oh my gosh! I hope your dad recovers ok and has a safe remainder-of-his-visit and safe trip home.
How cool that Ryan may be heading out there this summer. One of these days, I WILL be in the area...or close enough to make an excuse to come by. :) (VA/DC are "close enough," at least compared to St. Louis!)
Praying for your dad!
Oh my! I'm glad your dad is ok! That's so scary. Yes, I know what you mean about being at the mercy of another's schedule. We live that way a lot. It's not so bad. See you soon!
Hi Leah,
I just happened upon your blog and wanted to say hi! Praying for your dad and glad that it sounds like you're doing well. Terri Silzell-er-White
Post a Comment