On Day 942...
It has been a while since I have talked about Asheville. However, it still remains a very weird place. Here is yet another example of Asheville's "uniqueness":
Patton Ave-
Every Friday and Saturday night around 10:15 the entire population of Asheville between the ages of 17 & 23 head to Patton Ave for reasons I will don't understand (they tell me it is just to be eye candy). However, hundreds of cars line both sides of the median for about 3 miles and just drive in a long circle and look at each other. Well, the Zetterholm children (the three older ones) decided that I needed to experience this to really understand Asheville. So we headed out in Jonathon's acura and drove up and down Patton Ave. Everything in my head was saying: DUCK! JUST SINK DOWN INTO THE SEAT AND DON'T LOOK, AND ROLL UP THE WINDOW. But Jonathon locked the window down and Andrew kept me propped up and looking back at the other people. I felt horrible for the poor people that were trying to turn left, and had NO idea while everyone was driving 2mph in the turn lane, and never turning! I don't know what else to say, other than it is something I would rather not do again. :)
L
2 comments:
it's more like...13-27...:) the realy young ones have their parents drive them around and yeah...I've definitly met some older than 23 :)
guess who :-p
Sounds like my hometown.
Post a Comment