7.25.2005

Cleaning Night

On Day 942...

Well, in case you were thinking that my last post was a little too mushy, here is the reality of date nights every night... your house becomes a wreck! I would much rather spend the time with Drew doing nothing and everything, but the poor house suffers.

The weekend before last we bought an amour for our computer (it did look beautiful with all the wires all over the dining room, but I was ready for a new look), bookshelf (yes, #5, what can I say, Andrew loves library book sales) and a media shelf (he loves cheap movies too) and we managed to get all of them put together and set up last weekend. However, once we had nailed, screwed & glued everything together we were exhausted. So the house was strewn all week with cardboard, styrofoam and paper shreds (I organized all of our bills into binders and cleaned out the filing cabinet too).

Well, yesterday I couldn't stand it any more. (For those of you who know me well, you know that I am a little on the particular side of the spectrum). So, gone was last night's date night as we vacuumed, swept, organized, dusted and scrubbed. However, it was all worth it because now we can have another week of date nights without guilt!

L


P.S. I would like to clarify, regarding my last post, that I was not at all implying that things are the same once you have kids. From the friends I have with children, I know that your entire life is turned upside down and that date nights must be scheduled, but for now we are enjoying the post-marriage-pre-children dates.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Date NIGHTS are forever! Children or no, it is things like this that tell the world and your spouse that your favorite person promised to "love you in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer,
'til death us do part." -rlr