On Day 937...
For the past few weeks, on Wednesdays and Thursdays, I have been working in our Model Home. I have been entering selections into a computer system that willcomputerize all our selection process. Our Sales agent works Friday - Tuesday, so Wednesdays and Thursdays are the only days I can really get anything done.
Well, during my time there I have had a few interesting experiences with less-than-nice people. First, I would like to say that there is a LARGE sign on the door that CLEARLY states that we are closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays of every week. Well, no one seems to care, and once they have read the sign and tried the door three times (which I keep locked) they peer through the tinted glass (smudging up the nice clean door) and proceed to knock furiously until I answer the door. (If I see them coming I will usually run further into the house until they leave, but I have my back to the door I can't always make it in time.). After reluctantly opening the door and explaining that I am not from our sales staff and I work for the builder they still don't get the hint (Hint: LEAVE) and ask to see the house. Well, once they have seen the house they want to look at other models and I end up spending an hour walking up and down the street showing them different models. If they are nice and I am not busy, it is not a huge deal.... but that is not always the case. Here are a couple experiences from the last few weeks:
1. 3 Older Ladies
Ladies: Oh, would you mind showing up some of the one floor models, I am looking for somewhere to retire, and I don't want two floors.
Me: Sure, are you up for walking?
Them: Yes (as we leave the model). Who owns the property around the subdivision?
Me: I am not sure.
Them: Well, that is something that a lot of people are going to want to know, they don't want to end up with a shopping mall in their backyard.
Me: Well, in Buncombe County, we don't have zoning, so unfortunately they could do that, and we couldn't do anything about it. But I believe that they are all owned by private individuals at the moment. Our Sales agent who is here Friday-Tuesday would know the answer to that question.
Them: Well, you really should know the answer to that question if you want to sell anything.
2. Nasty Realtor
NR: Where is Leslie, she said she would be here today?
Me: Today is her day off, so she is not here, is there something I can help you with?
NR: Well I need to show my client shutter colors today!
Me: Well Sir, here are the colors that we offer.
NR: Oh.
Me: Went back to what I was doing.
NR: SLLAAMM! (Nasty Realtor leaves the building).
I found out later that day that he has called Leslie (our sales agent) and told her that some person in street clothes (gasp in horror) was in her office.
I guess such is the life in the Real Estate business! :)
L
1 comment:
WOW. That would completely annoy me. Kudos to you for handling it all so beautifully!
Post a Comment