6.09.2012

My Life in Bullet Points

So my blog has been rather silent this last few months, here are a few things I have been doing, in no particular order:
  • Raising two small children - by far the most demanding, rewarding, time-consuming, self-denying, sin-showing thing I have ever done.  It is hard and wonderful all at the same time.
  • Job Searching - okay, so this wasn't me, but there are days that felt like it! :)  Andrew has been looking for a new job since the first of the year.  His previous job was slowing down and since he was the most recent hire we were sure he would be the first to go.  In April they let him go.  This not being the first time we have had to look for a job in the last few years, I will say God gave us an amazing peace and calmness about the situation, more than we have ever had in previous job searches.  And WHAT AN AMAZING GOD WE SERVE!  He provided a perfect fit of a job IN ASHEVILLE!  We are so thankful!  He starts on Monday!
  • House - our house is on the rental market, so we have been attempting to keep it in working order so that we can show it at a moments notice... did I mention I have two small kids and a dog?  We had it on the market at first to create some flexibility with Andrew finding a job, but now we still think it may be a good idea to find something a little smaller, at least for a while. :)
  • Zumba! - I have discovered Zumba classes at the gym and I LOVE THEM!  Thankfully I have a husband who is willing to put the kids to bed some nights so I can go sweat out a days frustration... and burn 1000 calories while doing it!
  • Biggest Loser! - I have started a biggest loser competition amoung some of my friends!  We are on our second 12-week stint!  It has been great to keep me accountable for what I eat, and to keep exercising... and I have even managed to lose 13 lbs!  Wohoo!  I have also enjoyed watching the Biggest Loser TV show for kicks.  :)
  • Bible Study Fellowship - I just finished my first year of Bible Study Fellowship.  The homework was demanding and my discussion group left a little to be desired, but I went so that I would be in the Word all week, and I learned SOO much.  This year's study was "Acts of the Apostles" so we went through Acts as well as 10-15 other small new testament books/letters.  And I can't say enough about their kids program, my children were loved so well, and taught so much (Even if one of my children screamed every time I left them from September - March... and it wasn't the baby).  
  • Blood Tests!  - As some of you may remember I had a molar pregnancy/miscarriage last year, which meant blood tests twice a week, then once a week, then ever two weeks, then monthly and finally every 2 months for the last 6 months... and I am happy to say my counts stayed negative for an entire year and there is no chance of cancer... and no more $94 blood tests!  Wohoo!
  • Books - I am still selling Usborne Books and have done several events over the past few months!  I was able to earn an iPad2 and can't wait to get it in a few weeks!!!
  • And of course there is just life, graduation and birthday parties, play dates, library story time, bible study, church, choir, dentist appointments and all that jazz. :)
  • And I am looking forward to the summer!!  Blackberries and baseball games, VBS and picnics.  Waterparks and sunshine! 

No comments: