5.26.2011

Naomi: 13 Months

A few words about this little girl:


Adventurous.
(Note that you don't see her brother anywhere around. :)


Independent.
(Since about two days after she started walking, she has no use for holding anyone's hand. It just slows her down.)


Determined.
(In everything)


Swirl.
(I just love the way her hair swirls around her little head :)


Smiley.


Goofy.


Toothy.

I have been listening to some parenting podcasts lately and the pastor said, "You can argue with me... but I won't change my mind... a child is born with a temperament and they leave the world with that temperament." I saw it in Ben, but now having two and seeing the contrast between them has been amazing. This little girls is sweet, kind, nurturing, loves dirt, INDEPENDENT, knows-what-she-wants (my mother-in-law said she hasn't seen a child so young know exactly what they wanted. Should I be scared?? :) Also in the same parenting session he said that a strong will can be a Gift from God, if it is directed toward the right things... and I pray every day that this little girl will use her passion for Jesus!!

I think we have reached the max frustration point... I remember hitting it with Ben too... when the child can walk, climb, run, jump, know exactly what they want, and NOT BE ABLE TO TELL YOU! :) One of these days all the grunts and sqeaks and squeals are just going to turn into words and sentences and they probably won't stop. We have few words... all done, daddy, doggy but that is about it so far...

She is now up to THREE teeth. She is in 18mo-2T clothes, although she is thinning out A LOT... she has only gained 6 lbs in 9 months... she is up to 26lbs. :) She loves fruit, some veges, eggs and meat but it not a huge fan of bread/carbs in general (when you cut out wheat and rice there isn't much left :). And she doesn't like the same thing twice. And going back to the knows-what-she-wants if she wants a drink she will NOT take even one more bite.

She loves shoes (taking them off and putting them on again) and to hug and kiss on her stuffed animals (but has no use for baby dolls), stack blocks and LOVES water... showers, Splasheville, kiddy pool, the sink, a puddle... you name it. She is adventurous, and always up for something new!

We love you Naomi Grace and are so thankful God gave you to us!!!

No comments: