2.16.2009

Pap-Paw Sitting

As most of you know my husband hasn't been able to find a job for a little over a year now. So when I was offered a job that was two days a week and I could keep Ben with me AND the pay was decent I couldn't refuse... But now blogging, and a host of other things, have been moved from the back burned to off the stove completely. :-P

But I am enjoying my new job greatly! I am Pap-Paw Sitting. :) (For all you non-southerners... pap-paw is grandpa.) A family we know from Church just brought their father to live with them. He is a sweet old man, he just has dementia and can't be alone. So I just hang out with him all day. We go to Chic-Fil-A for milk shakes, take walks, sit in rocking chairs on the front porch and enjoy the view and have the same three conversations over and over and over and over and over. :) (1. How long have you lived here/Where did you move from/did you like it? 2. How many children do you have/do you want/does your husband want that many??? 3. It looks like its getting windy/cold/warm etc...)

As far as jobs go it is pretty much perfect, it is just amazing how much less laundry/dishes/phone calls etc gets done when you are away from home two days a week!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

You would be so awesome at this and I'm glad that you can make some income while having Ben with you.

But my sympathies on the trouble getting to your household things. Just consider it training for two kids. :)